Community MetaSteam | April 2024 - Definitely there's no rest for the wicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
That's not entirely what's happening though.
This is what Kiryu said a while ago:

He does obviously want to focus more on AAA titles, but I don't think he says anywhere that they are planning on killing every AA game. But they will have fewer of them, that ideally are more consistent, with higher quality instead of shitting out 20 mediocre ones in a single quarter. I don't really think that's bad?
You can't tell me them going through their in-development titles and pruning the Babylon's Falls, Balan Wonderworlds, Quiet Mans and others before they come out and bomb is that terrible of an idea.
Hell, Asano (Octopath, Triangle Strategy,...) got promoted.
But like I said, it will take some time before we'll see the ramifications in full.
Sure, I won't argue about the idea, but I still think most of their infamous November 2022 (?) line up wasn't horrible. It was just insanely piled up and overpriced.
If killing AA projects only means nuking the obvious stinkers you mentioned, well, cool by me.

But I'm not used to Square making sense, so I assume they will overkill.

Reactions: ExistentialThought

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
End of 2022, 13 games, 4 months:

Voice of Cards: The Beasts of Burden
Various Daylife
The Diofield Chronicles
Valkyrie Elysium
Triangle Strategy
Star Ocean 6
Neo: TWEWY
Harvestella
Tactics Ogre Reborn
Dragon Quest Treasures
Crisis Core
Romancing Saga
Dragon Quest 10 (Japan)
Yeah that's bad. I imagine Square Enix isn't like Nintendo and aren't willing to sometimes hold on to completed games to round out their release schedule (and I get wanting to make revenue right away on a project you just spent millions on) but you need better project management on a corporate level.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Lol, I get some ghost desire to buy a PS5 from last month, check Stellar Blades : 80 euros. Oh. Ronin : 70 euros. Oh.
Don't fucking dare to wonder why your sales are flat, console makers. This is crazy town.
Lol, for some reason I thought Stellar Blade was a 60$ title or that in Norwegian kroner, it's not.

Stellar Blade is 900 nok aka 81$. Ronin too.

lol.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Sure, I won't argue about the idea, but I still think most of their infamous November 2022 (?) line up wasn't horrible. It was just insanely piled up and overpriced.
If killing AA projects only means nuking the obvious stinkers you mentioned, well, cool by me.

But I'm not used to Square making sense, so I assume they will overkill.
I would be lying if I said I didn't expect some collateral damage, but also their product management has been so deeply fucked for so long that flipping the chessboard entirely instead of trying to navigate themselves out of a checkmate could be better for them and us long-term.

Reactions: Li Kao

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I started playing command and conquer remastered (I played the originals forever ago) and holy shit either I was aces at this crap or most modern stuff is like easy peasey because after like the first mission holding your hand it just throws you into the blender lmao
Its great but It's hilarious I don't remember it being hard at all

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I really hope that Valve will update "Play Next" section in Steam Client. It is showing me basically same games (they barely change, if at all) no matter what i play XD
I would be happy if the Dismiss from Play Next button worked. It has been broken for almost a year.

• Sad
Reactions: Alexandros

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
As far as I can recall, neither I nor the friend I played it with in coop had any notable performance issues at any point in the game.
To be fair, we both have pretty fast PCs -- but it was relatively consistent.
Cheers!

I started playing command and conquer remastered (I played the originals forever ago) and holy shit either I was aces at this crap or most modern stuff is like easy peasey because after like the first mission holding your hand it just throws you into the blender lmao
Its great but It's hilarious I don't remember it being hard at all
I played the first two games sometime before the remaster came out and yeah it's kind of wild how quickly the training wheels are off.

I also remember one mission in RA2 Yuri's Revenge where the AI just pumps out Yuri clones non stop, it's nuts. You haven't learned the value of non-sentient base defense before that, you better learn fast.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Report comes out about cancelled games, many that were probably AA since they said they were going to cut back on smaller games that didn't sell well. Almost all of these came to multiple platforms.

PC gamers- That'll show you for skipping PC
Bruh. Don't be like this.

The last time Square had gang busting sales was NieR A, and FFXV. Even their AAA efforts aren't doing so great these days. And those DO get fucked over by their release strats. They've been carried by the MMO division for a while, which actually does have a big following on PC thanks to FF14 efforts. If there was one moneyhat that should have SCREAMED "avoid me" it was FF16. Now it's been out and it's mostly cooled in critical and fan circles, it's bound to do "meh" on PC and Square only has themselves to blame.

There is absolutely a discussion to be had about their inability to strike while the iron is hot on the biggest Platform of the planet and how late, often hampered releases and thus poor reputation among PC circles hurts SE's OVERALL ability to recoup gaming costs. That in-turn effects every game from them be it big or small.

Status
Not open for further replies.