Community MetaSteam | May 2024 - Wake up samurai, we gonna get this Persian kitty home

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Wild day, Steam bug discovered that lets you buy basically any old delitested/any unreleased game that has pricing set on your region.
(apparently been available for some time privately)

Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.
Someone at Valve gonna have bad day solving this.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Wild day, Steam bug discovered that lets you buy basically any old delitested/any unreleased game that has pricing set on your region.
(apparently been available for some time privately)

[Hidden content]

Someone at Valve gonna have bad day solving this.
A link of a how to would be great, need Wolfenstein 2009

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I guess after last months incorrect leaked Humble Choice games, there will no longer be any leaks on the next Humble Choice :D

---

Death to Chronos

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
I want to see this happen just to see the looks of complete horror on their faces when the numbers come in and we find out EGS is more popular than that would be.
First 2 days: multiple 50 pages thread talking about how revolutionary it is and how many things it does better than Steam, like Trophies. Articles about the end of the Steam monopoly and speculation about every upcoming pc game being exclusive abound
Next 2 weeks: first numbers start to appear painting a grim picture. Multiple posts talking about how you can't judge how it's doing by partial data and insist in waiting for Sony's official numbers
Next month: more an more info from trackers and analysts appears confirming the store is doing worse than the EGS. Threads turn into a no man's land where everyone accuses each other of sabotaging the new store, despite this everyone somehow agree it's all the fault of Steam users
The final step: someone posts a thread about how unfair it is that the platform is failing despite being the best platform ever, sugesting some ways to change its fortune, like telling fellow members to create multiple new accounts and buying games en masse on the store

tetel

MetaMember
Jan 7, 2020
[Hidden content]

Apparently been going for 5+ months :D
There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance. :notlikethisblob:

Well, I can't get Outrun 2006 either way in my region (or anything delisted before 2017 or so) so it's not a big deal anyway.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
lets see :O
Isn't working for me, everything that I tried, even if available, appears as "not available in your region in the cart"

bummer, I really wanted the Deadpool game...

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
What do I do with this? I'm dumb. Help.
execute the script in your browsers console. On firefox you press F12 and navigate to the console tab.

Most delisted games are not accesible this way, but you can actually buy the game Devotion from Red Candle Games this way. SubID 332891

Reactions: didamangi

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Apparently Valve patched that way...

Guess what? People already found way to bypass the fix :D

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Crazy how you have "Sony Fan boys" fighting "Grummz Gamer Cronies".

This is where we currently are at. I'm guessing they didn't fight enough with the Stella Blade thing, at one point they were united for a little while but after the whole censorship thing they fell apart and also came after Helldivers 2 it seems.

Thanks to you guys it makes more sense now as to what was happening.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I am really enjoying (it is kinda wrong word due to story and themes) playing Plague Tale 2 but as much as I like game (I am at chapter V or VI) they really could let us rest more. Things get dark and full of action really fast and so far you get really small amount of breathing room to rest and maybe cheer up a bit.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I am really enjoying (it is kinda wrong word due to story and themes) playing Plague Tale 2 but as much as I like game (I am at chapter V or VI) they really could let us rest more. Things get dark and full of action really fast and so far you get really small amount of breathing room to rest and maybe cheer up a bit.
It's a very depressing game and it only gets worse.
That being said, I fucking love these games so damn much.

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
From what I've read the exploit only works if the game had a price in your currency. Well, I wasnt risking my account to get The Godfather anyway.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018

...The heck made this happen? Maybe I ought to get back into this game... It might have been them adding free-for-all.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Are these people just stupid?
Sadly, this is par for the course for any games that are even only mildly popular on Steam.

Triple the brainrot if it's by a Japanese developer, features full English localisation and/or JRPG character design with semi-revealing outfits.

I've stopped engaging with these people entirely when they implied I was a paedophile because I defended Atlus' localisation choices in P5R. :flare_lmao:

Last edited:

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Not sure where else to ask this -- how do we change our email address for this site? Anyone know?

KingKrouch

Dec 14, 2021
Are these people just stupid?
Honestly, I've noticed that discussing anything on the Steam Discussions Board is a lost cause nowadays, because much like social media sites, there's engagement farming there too, in the case of it's awards system. People go out of their way to say the most ridiculous stuff so they can farm jester awards, and you're given jester awards simply for saying something that someone may not agree with. Like it doesn't even matter the political leaning, people will say the most detached stuff imaginable simply to get a reaction.

The only thing I do on the Steam forums nowadays is putting up game fixes and looking to see if anyone has anything for troubleshooting. The awards system was honestly the biggest mistake Valve has done, literally nothing else pales in comparison.

Eila

Jan 21, 2019
I want a handheld so bad, the only thing that's making me not buy one are the prices here. If the steam OLED was available I'd have bought that shit long ago.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I want a handheld so bad, the only thing that's making me not buy one are the prices here. If the steam OLED was available I'd have bought that shit long ago.
I don't know how everything you have is but I been doing remote play form PC to phone for over a decade now and its great.

KingKrouch

Dec 14, 2021
I don't know how everything you have is but I been doing remote play form PC to phone for over a decade now and its great.
Eh, I couldn't seem to get streaming right through Steam Remote Play, even with Ethernet connections on both sides. I tried NVIDIA's streaming before they discontinued that, and it worked great. Sunshine (Which is now what you use in conjunction with Moonlight, the app for NVIDIA's streaming) is only marginally better than Steam's streaming solution now.

I definitely want to sell my Steam Deck and then upgrade to the OLED model though.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Haha Sony got told. Seeing the commentary from other websites doesn't surprise me. People stuck on consoles are bitter and jealous. They can't organize for shit either, you got one half that'd like to protest this or that and the other half which just happily accepts any fist their box maker will ram up that ass. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Imagine if they had actually fought back on Paid online? :sneaky:
=====

Separately, Hades 2 being "woke" makes no sense to me. Complaining about a Female protag on PC is whack. Bros if you think she's uggo just shut the fuck up and wait for mods. Holy Christ. Or like spend that complaining time learning HOW to mod. When I was a teenager and Fallout 3/New Vegas/Oblivion were all the rage I learned Bethesda's game engine inside and out. I made mods for all three of those games including weapons, quest overhauls, and Soundtrack replacers. I wish modern internet bitch boys were HALF as productive.

Like of all the things to complain about?? You choose the one most easily changed?? :blobtide: There isn't enough tide pod pizza in the world for average internet denizen I swear to the goddess Lightning herself.

Eh, I couldn't seem to get streaming right through Steam Remote Play, even with Ethernet connections on both sides. I tried NVIDIA's streaming before they discontinued that, and it worked great. Sunshine (Which is now what you use in conjunction with Moonlight, the app for NVIDIA's streaming) is only marginally better than Steam's streaming solution now.

I definitely want to sell my Steam Deck and then upgrade to the OLED model though.
You're not alone. I've tried streaming over Steam on phones, tablets, and laptops multiple times since Steam Link app released. I upgraded my Router to an expensive 6 Antenna'd beast, I tried hard-wiring everything. In the end I could get "decent" picture and audio quality, but I just could not for the life of me seem to get a good responsive input time. The delay between pressing buttons and seeing it happen has always been too much for me. I can't tell if I'm overly sensitive to input lag, or if people just seem to accept a certain level of it and say it's "great" because of that acceptance.

Even now that I have a Steam Deck (OLED), I just can't get into Streaming on it. For whatever reason it just does not feel like a viable way to play games to me. So unfortunately for my SSD space, everything I play on Deck is installed natively. Womp womp. It's basically my indie and AA machine, and I use my desktop for the heavy lifting Games.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Separately, Hades 2 being "woke" makes no sense to me. Complaining about a Female protag on PC is whack. Bros if you think she's uggo just shut the fuck up and wait for mods. Holy Christ. Or like spend that complaining time learning HOW to mod. When I was a teenager and Fallout 3/New Vegas/Oblivion were all the rage I learned Bethesda's game engine inside and out. I made mods for all three of those games including weapons, quest overhauls, and Soundtrack replacers. I wish modern internet bitch boys were HALF as productive.

Like of all the things to complain about?? You choose the one most easily changed?? :blobtide: There isn't enough tide pod pizza in the world for average internet denizen I swear to the goddess Lightning herself.
The point is bullying and harassing the developers and signalling that gaming should not be inclusive to people who aren't cis gendered white men.

Reactions: QFNS

Soma

Dec 21, 2018
execute the script in your browsers console. On firefox you press F12 and navigate to the console tab.

Most delisted games are not accesible this way, but you can actually buy the game Devotion from Red Candle Games this way. SubID 332891
Wow this actually works. But is it really safe to do though? I saw it put Devotion in the cart but I didn't dare to proceed.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan

It helps I live in a country with actual good infrastructure. I literally pay 5$ a month for low end internet lol

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I’ve been playing older games in my retro handheld on my commutes, mainly chrono trigger and symphony of the night, and wow in both I’m kind of stuck because I don’t know where to go lol, would be nice to have at least a quest book or something.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I’ve been playing older games in my retro handheld on my commutes, mainly chrono trigger and symphony of the night, and wow in both I’m kind of stuck because I don’t know where to go lol, would be nice to have at least a quest book or something.
What handheld do you have? A friend of mine got an Anbernic Rg35xx H. He says it works pretty well, except for N64 emulation