Community MetaSteam | October 2018 - Jason and the $10 Argonauts

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

MegaMan 11 - Tizoc

The Blue Bomber returns in a new 2D Action Platformer, now equipped with the Double Gear. The Double Gear is a new ability that grants Megaman the ability to either slow down time, using the Speed Gear, which can come in handy in tight situations or some tricky platforming section, or to gain a large attack boost using the Power Gear. The Gears are assigned to 2 buttons and you can even set up your controls so that you don't need to use them! If you're in the mood for some traditional 2D Action platforming, then Megaman 11 is your go to game.​

SoulCalibur VI - Tizoc

The Soul series makes it debut on Steam, featuring over 20 characters including Geralt from the Witcher series.​
Following in from previous entries, the game features a Create a character mode (Libra of Soul) wherein you can create your character customizing their look and moves, in addition character's armor takes damage and should a character's armor be broken they will take more damage from attacks. The game will also feature a story mode in the form of Soul Chronicle that features an interactive timeline with the cast of the game.​

Paw Patrol - Tizoc

A simple adventure game that looks totes adorbs and recommended if you like dogs and puppies.​

Warriors Orochi 4 - The Queen

first Warriors game to have full co op on pc also has pvp. this title isnt doing the open world gameplay from dw9 its back to the old classic way, lets also go to greece. new playable heroes are Zeus, Athena, Perseus, Ares and odin,​
When Queen recommends you buy :D

Call of Cthulhu - Okingjrr

A narrative driven psychological horror game based on the works of H.P. Lovecraft and the Call of Cthulhu pen and paper RPG by Chaosium.​
Edward Pierce must uncover the truth behind the mysterious death of a painter and her family on the remote island of Darkwater. But the deeper he goes into this investigation, the clearer it becomes that this island has more secrets than meets the eye. It's up to you keep your grasp on what's real or risk losing your sanity.​

It's out just in time for halloween, and the developers seem to have nailed the atmosphere the Lovecraft stories and mythos. It has branching paths based on the information you've gathered through dialogue with NPCs and your discoveries along the way, the sanity system also affects your choices, so you've got to manage how engulfed in crazy you want your character to be.​
You should check this out if you're in the mood for a fun little RPG-ish horror game this month.​

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey - Uzzy

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, developed by Ubisoft Quebec, is the latest in the long running historical saga/RPG/collectathon/look you’ve played a modern AAA game I’m sure, you know what genre we’re talking about here/romance simulator. You play as one of two protagonists, Kassandra and the wrong one, sailing and riding around Greece during the Peloponnesian War, acting as a mercenary and fighting for either Athens or Sparta. Or maybe you’re actually playing as a modern day character, hooked into the animus, and reliving those genetic memories while on the search for some mystical first civilisation artefact. It’s complicated and I’m not even sure Ubisoft knows what’s actually going on anymore.​

Ubisoft’s quest to create the platonic ideal of the video game continues, by moving onto Bioware’s turf in Odyssey and adding in dialogue choices and even romance options to the expected mix of naval combat, stealth mechanics, horse riding, collecting thousands of things, fighting off other mercenaries, climbing rock hard giant penises, fighting in large scale battles, going on quests and levelling up your character in a huge open world. But now you get to listen to Kassandra’s adorkable dialogue while banging the quest givers wife. Hellas yes.​

Loom - Mivey

You mean you haven't heard of the latest masterpiece of fantasy storytelling from Lucasfilm's™ Brian Moriarty™? Why, it's an extraordinary adventure with interface of magic, stunning high-resolution 3D landscapes and sophisticated score and musical effects. Not to mention the detailed animation special effects, elegant point 'n' click control of characters, objects and magic spells. Beat the rush! Go out and buy Loom™ today!​

List of people who have completed the game:

Metal Gear 5 Ground Zeroes - Deques

The Challenge:
The prequel to a prequel of the first Metal Gear Solid game. Finish the main mission and S-Rank it!

List of people who have completed it (send me a PM if completed!):

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEIR POST AND/OR WARN THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J-ROCK / POP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kurt Russell

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
ohhhh, that's right ... how's all the VR stuff going for you? :)

It's a slippery slope to quickly running out of cash, I can tell you that :D

So far, I've bought Raw Data, Sairento, Pavlov, Compound, Dead Effect 2, Space Pirate Trainer, Apex Construct, Lethal VR and Fallout 4 VR. My brother gifted me Beat Saber (funnily enough, it's the game I played the most so far).
Out of the ones I bought, Sairento, Compound and Space Pirate Trainer got the most playtime but I fully intend to play each one of them a lot.

Gotta say, this Windows Mixed Reality thing is actually quite amazing considering its limitations (and price compared to the competing solutions here in Argentina). It's so weird that they didn't do any marketing, this could have been the hardware that made VR mainstream.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It's a slippery slope to quickly running out of cash, I can tell you that :D

So far, I've bought Raw Data, Sairento, Pavlov, Compound, Dead Effect 2, Space Pirate Trainer, Apex Construct, Lethal VR and Fallout 4 VR. My brother gifted me Beat Saber (funnily enough, it's the game I played the most so far).
Out of the ones I bought, Sairento, Compound and Space Pirate Trainer got the most playtime but I fully intend to play each one of them a lot.

Gotta say, this Windows Mixed Reality thing is actually quite amazing considering its limitations (and price compared to the competing solutions here in Argentina). It's so weird that they didn't do any marketing, this could have been the hardware that made VR mainstream.
that's MS for ya ... they did the same thing with w10m - the best mobile OS out there (still!) ... but they didn't bother to really market it in any meaningful way ... and then just left it to die :(

glad you're having fun with all those games, though! and yeah, i can see why Beat Saber is your most played ... i love rhythm games :D

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
that's MS for ya ... they did the same thing with w10m - the best mobile OS out there (still!) ... but they didn't bother to really market it in any meaningful way ... and then just left it to die :(

glad you're having fun with all those games, though! and yeah, i can see why Beat Saber is your most played ... i love rhythm games :D
Yeah, but one would think that at least the hardware partners would try to market their stuff. Like, Dell is shutting down production on the Visor, and they didn't even market it anywhere. The Alienware Twitch/Youtube channel has a semi-regular show called VR FTW where they showcase VR stuff (in my opinion it doesn't work very well because it's hard to show VR content in a normal screen but oh well, that's another discussion) and they NEVER showcased the Dell Visor there, just Oculus and Vive. Crazy, really.

Regarding Beat Saber, it's just perfect. I don't like most of the songs they have right now, so I got a mod that lets you install custom songs and now I get lost in the game every time I fire it up.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah, but one would think that at least the hardware partners would try to market their stuff. Like, Dell is shutting down production on the Visor, and they didn't even market it anywhere. The Alienware Twitch/Youtube channel has a semi-regular show called VR FTW where they showcase VR stuff (in my opinion it doesn't work very well because it's hard to show VR content in a normal screen but oh well, that's another discussion) and they NEVER showcased the Dell Visor there, just Oculus and Vive. Crazy, really.
yeah, that's EXACTLY what i'm talking about ... MS put really awesome tech (at least specs-wise) out there .... got a few partners on board .... and never really bothered to market it in any meaningful way

and i suspect the partners themselves don't really care all that much since they're low-cost headsets (relatively) and they probably only really produced them because MS gave them a big bag of cash for it ... so it's no wonder they don't bother to advertise them either

real shame :(

Regarding Beat Saber, it's just perfect. I don't like most of the songs they have right now, so I got a mod that lets you install custom songs and now I get lost in the game every time I fire it up.
yeah, that's the real strength of all rhythm games - custom songs ... always was, always will be :D

---

and while i'm here - a few interesting-looking games got store pages today :) here goes:

also - BATTLETECH Season Pass ... because why not :p

Last edited:

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
yeah, that's EXACTLY what i'm talking about ... MS put really awesome tech (at least specs-wise) out there .... got a few partners on board .... and never really bothered to market it in any meaningful way

and i suspect the partners themselves don't really care all that much since they're low-cost headsets (relatively) and they probably only really produced them because MS gave them a big bag of cash for it ... so it's no wonder they don't bother to advertise them either

real shame :(

yeah, that's the real strength of all rhythm games - custom songs ... always was, always will be :D

---

and while i'm here - a few interesting-looking games got store pages today :) here goes:

also - BATTLETECH Season Pass ... because why not :p

Damn, that BATTLETECH Season Pass is really tempting me :D

I never finished the base game because it kinda ran like crap, should probably check it out again (I played like 20 hours and then decided to wait for patches)

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Damn, that BATTLETECH Season Pass is really tempting me :D

I never finished the base game because it kinda ran like crap, should probably check it out again (I played like 20 hours and then decided to wait for patches)

yeah, i haven't really gone back to it since release either ... i wonder if they managed to get it running better ... hopefully

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
*disgusting animu*
damn you, Puncher ... DAMN YOU!!! *shakes fist*

Hello, everyone. It's good to see familiar faces here.

It's my first post here in Meta. I may not be posting here as often as in Era, but I'll try to always keep in touch with everyone here.
hi there :) so good to have you in here! :D and absolutely don't feel like you have to post in here or anything .... no pressure :)

Schnitzelfee

Token German
Sep 6, 2018
Outer Space
Loom eh? I still have that prologue audio cassette that came with my Amiga version back in the day somewhere around here... Really nice game...

BAN PUNCHER what show is that? Asking for a friend :p

Battletech season pass is tempting....

Deleted member 113

I'm so all over that re-release of Double Switch!

I'm a sucker for FMV titles (I own that game for the Mega CD), and it's a lot of fun. I actually like it better than Night Trap.
Plus, it has a cast that includes the late Corey Haim, Camille Cooper (from Wes Craven's Shocker), R. Lee Ermey, Debbie Harry (from Blondie), and a soundtrack by Thomas Dolby.
It's a lot of (silly) fun!

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I'm so all over that re-release of Double Switch!

I'm a sucker for FMV titles (I own that game for the Mega CD), and it's a lot of fun. I actually like it better than Night Trap.
Plus, it has a cast that includes the late Corey Haim, Camille Cooper (from Wes Craven's Shocker), R. Lee Ermey, Debbie Harry (from Blondie), and a soundtrack by Thomas Dolby.
It's a lot of (silly) fun!
same! i'm so incredibly happy FMV games seem to be coming back .... i always, always liked them ... there's just something really cool about games like that and i always enjoyed playing them :D

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

I did a separate thread, before this community thread was up, to do a giveaway for a couple of games.

With this thread finally up, I'm reposting here, for some visibility, There's still just over 24 hours left in this giveaway, if anyone doesn't have the games already, do enter, they are worth it.

Like I mentioned, I'm doing a small giveaway for two games.

They are:

A) Hollow Knight

One of the most critically acclaimed Metroidvania titles in recent years, Hollow Knight is a fun indie game that mixes classic side-scrolling action gameplay and exploration, with a beautifully hand drawn art style.

B) Day of the Tentacle Remastered

Day of the Tentacle is a classic point and click adventure game, originally released by LucasArts in 1993. 25 years later, it’s still one of my favourite games in the genre.
This remastered edition lets you switch between the original, and remastered visuals, plus it includes a few extras (and, like the original game, its prequel Maniac Mansion is “hidden” inside it).

---

To participate, please drop me a PM, with the subject “Giveaway: A)” for Hollow Knight, and “Giveaway: B)” for Day of the Tentacle Remastered.
Entries will be open until 12 pm (GMT) on Saturday, the 20th. I'll contact the winners afterwards.

Good luck! ;)

Deleted member 113

The Unlikely Legend of Rusty Pup, the long in the making new game from a team of ex-RARE developers, lead by Chris Seavor (Director of Conker's Bad Fur Day, among other titles), if finally out on Steam.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
it looks AWESOME from the trailers ... can't wait to play it, actually (gonna have to wait a while, though since i'm broke)

Deleted member 113

it looks AWESOME from the trailers ... can't wait to play it, actually (gonna have to wait a while, though since i'm broke)
I know the feeling... ;)

I bought or pre-ordered so many games in the last two months, I now have a significant backlog of titles to tackle, and not much time available, nor money left. :eek:

I would like to pick up at least Call of Cthulhu for Halloween, but it will probably have to wait.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
thankfully i already pre-ordered Call of Cthulhu some time ago ... so i'll at least be able to play that one at release

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
indeed you are :) welcome, welcome ... great to have you in here as well! :D

Reactions: Deku

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Nice to see another new thread ^_^
I'll just multitask between here and resetera I imagine :p

It's also nice to see some others who are looking forward to Call of Cthulhu, it's going under the radar it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.