Community MetaSteam | April 2024 - Definitely there's no rest for the wicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I’m on the fence to buy Slay the Princess and Scarlet Hollow. The games are in my ballpark, but the trigger warning list on the dev site is seriously scary long.
But that may also be a case of listing every R elements making an impression by itself. The list itself as a source of anxiety.

• Eyes
Reactions: Cacher

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
God I hate April Fools :disapproval-blob:
I'm with you. When I was a kid and the internet was still dial-up small-time, it was whatever. Just pranks between friends.

Now we live in a world of disinformation and fake shit ALL DAY, EVERY DAY. In large part thanks to the internet. Having a holiday dedicated to pranks and purposeful misinformation just feels stupid and not special at all these days.

Now it's also like a 2-day event in reality. Since as soon as the first time zone switches over to midnight people feel it's fair game to start the shit. And it stays that way until the last time-zone crosses it's next day. Drives me nuts.

Two whole days of not trusting shit from anywhere with even more suspicion than usual. :stopblob:

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I don't mind April Fools when it's just silly stuff that is obviously not real (Cyberpunk floppy disk edition), or silly stuff that ends up being real (Yakuza/Like a Dragon going turn based).

I don't like it when it's fake announcements of things people really want (such as sequel of X old game that isn't truly happening).

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Hey guys we have heard that you have been using Lethal Company and Phasmaphobia to go viral, so why not play this game where the idea is that you try to go viral in-game and look back at your game okay and laugh about it.

It's a pretty good idea actually and not only that it's also free for today only, so if they are lucky and it does turn out to be fun they will likely be able to sell copies tomorrow. It can be a risky tactic but if it works then the payout is pretty good as far as organic marketing goes.

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
I don't like it when it's fake announcements of things people really want (such as sequel of X old game that isn't truly happening).
Or, conversely, fake announcements of plausible things nobody sane wants at all, such as more "legal" intimidation by Nincompooptendo*.

* according to a quick search, I'm the first person to coin that obvious nickname. I thereby claim all copyrights while feeling particularly proud of myself.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I don't mind April Fools when it's just silly stuff that is obviously not real (Cyberpunk floppy disk edition), or silly stuff that ends up being real (Yakuza/Like a Dragon going turn based).

Yakuza/LAD DID go turn based though and it rules.

Reactions: lashman

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
April fools should be forced to take place on a weekend every year so no one is tricked by anything since no real news happens on weekends.

I also support throwing everyone who participates in it into a cave and sealing it but I think option 1 is more palatable to people.

Reactions: QFNS

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
I want this to be good, but sign are pointing to it not being so. The one interesting boomer shooter protag and the devs still havent made a worthy game.
Slipgate Ironworks can't make a decent game.

• This!
Reactions: lashman

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
A user contacted me on Era and told me that they tried to register on Metacouncil but their account has been stuck on "admin review" for three weeks now. Who handles new user approval?

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
A user contacted me on Era and told me that they tried to register on Metacouncil but their account has been stuck on "admin review" for three weeks now. Who handles new user approval?
It's someone, but good luck getting me to turn away from the animes and get it fixed

Last edited:

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
So I want to play dark souls 2 with mods and there was one that overhauled the game that people were very excited about - anybody remember the name?

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Yeah I do we let people into this place if there is no admins nor mods?
Magic.

Registering is supposed to be automatic, but maybe there's a glitch in the system. I don't know what admin review actually signifies in the context.
Like, was the username offensive or something and it went to some moderation queue no one checks because "there are no admins or mods"?
There are, of course, administrator/s that administers things, it's not like this forum just sprung into existence all on its own.

Reactions: QFNS

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Magic.

Registering is supposed to be automatic, but maybe there's a glitch in the system. I don't know what admin review actually signifies in the context.
Like, was the username offensive or something and it went to some moderation queue no one checks because "there are no admins or mods"?
There are, of course, administrator/s that administers things, it's not like this forum just sprung into existence all on its own.
I believe it was magic!

But who has admin rights? We should have some more people with those right since those who do have admin rights aren’t on the site often enough.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
Thanks for the thread Mor!

Probably buying No Rest for the Wicked, depending on the EA pricing. It looks great, and I love Moon Studios, but I'm always wary of Private Division as a publisher.

I'll just play Harold Halibut and Another Crab's Treasure on XGP I guess. Gotten back to beating long ass games again this year (Like a Dragon 8, FF7R2) and it feels good, wanna start tackling long postponed stuff from the backlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.