Community MetaSteam | May 2024 - Wake up samurai, we gonna get this Persian kitty home

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Loved GoT on PS4 but never got around to the expansion. Looking forward to seeing how it looks/runs on the Deck. It's gonna look amazing on the OLED, I just hope performance is good but looking at other PS4 ports it should be fine.
Unfortunately, with SMTV coming in June I won't be able to afford it right now 😔

• Hug
Reactions: Cacher

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
So Sarfield will be complete game this fall xD

Always feels good to beta test products for billion dollar companies....:cautious:

Seriously tho who gives a shit about maps in the game? I played it for 100hrs and only once I really needed a map just to see where water/ocean separates from land while doing a planet survey mission. The game is so much more immersive without having to constantly open up a map. There is an on screen icon that always tells you where to go for your quests anyways. The game has plenty of sections to not confuse the player. So yea this is really silly for them to spend 9 months working on a map feature.

Also I hope they aren't just releasing vehicles for the sake of having vehicles. Because vehicles will need to come with their own quests and everything. Like there needs to be an exclusive kiosk giving vehicle mission quests otherwise you just driving around to gather more cargo...but more cargo will require more ship cargo and use for everything else that has to fit with the current base game etc. This needs to be well thought out and not pointlessly utilized.

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Thanks for the new thread Mor :blobhug:

I'm gonna try to avoid buying many things this month (lol) because I still want to finish reading Witch on the Holy Night and try Megaton Musashi. Poor baby Persona 5 Royal is still on the backburner too. :negative-blob:

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik and Cacher

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Don't think anyone has talked about this upcoming VN before. Written by Narcissu's Tomo Kataoka. Demo is now out.
I saw the CGs and thought to myself; "That is Sumeragi's art". I was right. :flare_bath:

I wonder why I didn't get the notification, turns out that somehow I unfollowed G-MODE's Twitter account. I swear the platform is getting worse every day.

• Sad

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I saw the CGs and thought to myself; "That is Sumeragi's art". I was right. :flare_bath:

I wonder why I didn't get the notification, turns out that somehow I unfollowed G-MODE's Twitter account. I swear the platform is getting worse every day.
I just saw the news posted by G-MODE haha.

Recommend this twitter account. Although only in Japanese, it highlights all the upcoming VN releases for steam.

• Comfy
  • Eyes
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD and Kvik

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Recommend this twitter account. Although only in Japanese, it highlights all the upcoming VN releases for steam.
Great resource. Although I chuckled a bit at one of their posts about Kara no Shoujo 2/The Shell II since the localised version doesn't carry the Japanese script, only English. :flare_lmao:

• Comfy

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Great resource. Although I chuckled a bit at one of their posts about Kara no Shoujo 2/The Shell II since the localised version doesn't carry the Japanese script, only English. :flare_lmao:
Yeah, they tweets no matter if the game supports Japanese. Hopefully more Japanese publishers will act like Frontwing and drop the no Japanese support BS on steam soon.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
The store screenshots scream MTL :notlikethisblob:
Really ? How so ? I looked at the screens and nothing jumped at me. The translation may be flat, but with so little to base ourselves upon, I can’t really say.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
It's been a whole 5 years since Octopath Traveler launched on Steam and that game has never dropped below $30. Man, I hate Square so much.
The really wild thing about S-E (or rather, a specific subset of Japanese S-E releases) is that even third party keystores basically don't drop substantially below the Steam sale price.
With other JP publishers (e.g. Capcom) that's completely different. For example, a Dragon's Dogma 2 Steam key is 36 USD right now, and that's a very new full price game.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
The really wild thing about S-E (or rather, a specific subset of Japanese S-E releases) is that even third party keystores basically don't drop substantially below the Steam sale price.
With other JP publishers (e.g. Capcom) that's completely different. For example, a Dragon's Dogma 2 Steam key is 36 USD right now, and that's a very new full price game.
You have to wonder what's better for the bottom line and if there's any kind of study on this subject, sell less copies at an higher price or sell more copies at a lower price?
I believe the latter option is the better one simply because getting the product in the hands of more people might increase the chance others see it and also want it, generating a snowball effect, plus the word-of-mouth aspect of marketing. But I guess it's a harder sell to the higher ups to say they need to move 3X units to be profitable rather than X units and we all know the money people only care about ROI.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Next on the list for me is Lost in Random. And another game that I will play on Deck XD Basically all games that I started on my PC recently are big AAA games that need few more patches so I am delaying playthrough until they get patched enough XD And why I have feeling that same will be with Ghost of Tsushima?

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
You have to wonder what's better for the bottom line and if there's any kind of study on this subject, sell less copies at an higher price or sell more copies at a lower price?
I believe the latter option is the better one simply because getting the product in the hands of more people might increase the chance others see it and also want it, generating a snowball effect, plus the word-of-mouth aspect of marketing. But I guess it's a harder sell to the higher ups to say they need to move 3X units to be profitable rather than X units and we all know the money people only care about ROI.
I think doing the opposite of whatever Square Enix is doing at any given moment is generally better business, yes.

Joking aside, I do think it's a careful balancing act because if you discount too aggressively too quickly you can potentially train your audience to avoid day one purchases, but generally doing discounts to increase your audience is imo good.
Also, realistically you don't have a choice if everyone else is doing it, unless you're Nintendo.
Anecdotally I rarely purchase Square and Koei Tecmo stuff these days because the competition just has more appealing offers. Like, why bother buying the 5 year old Octopath Traveler for 30€ if I can get the 2 year old Persona 5 for less.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I mean at least Second Story R is the best game in the franchise, and it's one of the best JRPG remakes around, so there's that.
First Departure is a mediocre remaster of a mediocre game.

Reactions: QFNS

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I mean at least Second Story R is the best game in the franchise, and it's one of the best JRPG remakes around, so there's that.
First Departure is a mediocre remaster of a mediocre game.
Tell that to my OCD :confounded-face:

Not that I care about SE putting it on Steam. Life finds a way. It's just... usual Squeenix.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Nintendo nuking a bunch of the Yuzu forks on GitHub. Can't say I'm terribly surprised given 99% of them did no work and just cloned the repo. Not surprising the lawyers would come calling eventually.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Today is 1st Redfall release anniversary and we have yet to get any info regarding hero pass.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
*cries in Koei-Tecmo