Community MetaSteam | May 2024 - Wake up samurai, we gonna get this Persian kitty home

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Weird release.

Looking at this comparison video

I would say the original model looks way better. The updated model makes it look like she has make up on or something. Completely crazy for a character that's just barely survived a plane crash and needs to survive on an uninhabited island and kill thousands of people with a bow and arrow for some reason.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So, for me, I have a PSN account (not used for about 4 years) so not a "Big" issue for me. However Sony do not have a great history with security and I play with a couple of friends who have never touched Sony products. Why should they have to give away their personal information.

Plus I am acutally trying to purge the amount of accounts that have my personal information.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
So, for me, I have a PSN account (not used for about 4 years) so not a "Big" issue for me. However Sony do not have a great history with security and I play with a couple of friends who have never touched Sony products. Why should they have to give away their personal information.

Plus I am acutally trying to purge the amount of accounts that have my personal information.
And Sony still supports I think sub 100 countries so people will need to create fake accounts and that is another issue.

Also it looks like that Jedi Survivor will get another patch on PC

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Honeymoon period may be over soon for Helldivers 2. From the end of May you will be expected to link a PSN account to your game.
What really makes me angry about this kind of thing is how it is communicated in a way which makes it clear that whoever designed this communication thinks that their customers are idiots.
No, you are not doing this because of the flimsy reasons you pretend you are doing this for. It's perfectly possible to ban people from your game on Steam without linking an external account.
You are doing this because you want to use the (for you) unprecedented success of this live service game to try and pull more people into your ecosystem.
At least don't make up spurious justifications for it.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Honeymoon period may be over soon for Helldivers 2. From the end of May you will be expected to link a PSN account to your game.

Would link the store news page but just links to the store page instead.
PSN Account required has been listed on the Steam page under the anti cheat warning since December so yeah Iā€™m not surprised. Its in the more recent trailers and in the trademark section on both Steam and PS Blog posts as well.

One of my friends and I were required to sign into PSN when we played on launch day but my other friends who played shortly after were not.

Reactions: thekeats1999

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Supraland Six Inches Under Update May 2024

- No longer contains Epic Online Service binaries

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021

Would link the store news page but just links to the store page instead.
We'll see Sony boasting an unprecedented growth in PSN users the next investor meeting while trying to hide the lowering PS5 and PS+ numbers
Or we'll see the usual suspect lament how Steam users let a game like Helldivers die because of "another account"

Regardless, there will be funny meltdowns

Reactions: MegaApple

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
PSN Account required has been listed on the Steam page under the anti cheat warning since December so yeah Iā€™m not surprised. Its in the more recent trailers and in the trademark section on both Steam and PS Blog posts as well.

One of my friends and I were required to sign into PSN when we played on launch day but my other friends who played shortly after were not.
Yeah, seen that it was listed since December I believe. However my issue with it, is the warning is listed a bit further down from the actual Add to Cart button so if you jump straight to purchase you will probably miss it anyway. It's not like the Early Access Warning which plastered right above the Add to Cart button.

I think my Steam account is still linked to PSN from the Portal 2 days. Seam to remember that you got a free copy on PSN if you linked and had it on Steam (or the otherway around). And it is deals like that, that would make me happier to link accounts. Same way I have an EGS account from way back to get a free copy of a Metroidvania game. Way back before the store existed. Or fortnite for that matter.

Reactions: Arsene

Li Kao

Itā€™s a strange world. Letā€™s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Supraland Six Inches Under Update May 2024

Lol, wtf ? Is there an exclusivity period for EOS ?

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
It looks like that my decision to stop playing MP games few years ago was right choice. It's simply less stress XD No i just need to stop buying games day 1 and get rid of even more headache due to broken releases XD

怌Echo怍

ē«œć®é­”å„³ć€‚
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
And that kills any of the last remaining interest I had in HD2 now or in the future.

PSN Account is another system in the background, another attack vector for bad actors, and another corpo with my info. I also wouldn't be surprised if this is a future inroads to demanding a PS+ sub on PC for online features access in Playstation games.

Screw that.
======

Also late, but thanks for the new thread and links. :cat-heart-blob:
Mor lashman Nabs

Lashley

Computer Cowboy šŸ¤ 
PSN thing is whatever for me as I have one, but it's such a pointless added headache.

I'm sick to death of all these useless fucking accounts I must make to play some videogame.
The press and the warriors will 100% attack PC players for not just accepting any shit that's shovelled into their mouths

We should've just accepted GWFL and paid online too I guess

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Looking at this comparison video

I would say the original model looks way better. The updated model makes it look like she has make up on or something. Completely crazy for a character that's just barely survived a plane crash and needs to survive on an uninhabited island and kill thousands of people with a bow and arrow for some reason.
Yeah, it's pretty much the 'hire fans' edition.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I wrote about it in the rate the game you finished thread, but allow me to plug Citizen Sleeper here once. It's a very good VN/cRPG-lite hybrid with some time management added to the mix, so if it looks like something you might be interested in then do give it a try.
It was my second favourite game of that year, vampire survivors just beat it out for me. I really need to go back and play some of the other routes (went for the father and daughter route).

even now I am still torn on which was the goty that year.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

Nabs

HyperĖ—Toxic ProĖ—Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
New Humble Bundle

$15

Abalon (formally Summoners Fate)
MythForce

$11

Lunacid
Siralim Ultimate

$7

Devil Spire
Hellslave
Going Under

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
My only issue with this helldivers fiasco is I wish pc gamers kept this energy for all the other publishers. Almost every mid to large publisher has some garbage attached to their pc games these days whether it's a client (rare, think only ubi still does this), an account to manage or a launcher that pops up and usually breaks something. I wish all of this crap was gone and we could just play our games in peace. I still remember when total war started having its own launcher and it's just unnecessary bloat that gets in the way of playing the game. I don't need a portal for every goddamn total war, if I wanted to play empire TW I'd download it and play it Sega.

I think my breaking point was when doom eternal came out. Most people were just happy bethesda was back on steam but I was furious that it required a beth account (I did not have one at the time nor wanted one) unless you turned all of steam offline. What was it for? So when you launched the game you could see all this GaaS shit they slapped on to the game like profile levels, stickers for your doom avatar thing and other completely useless shit. It's a big reason why I don't play things on PC anymore, I'm tired of all this nonsense getting in my way and sometimes I can't even play games because of it. The old launcher borderlands 1 has makes it unplayable on deck, the game freezes and crashes when the launcher appears.

My biggest wish is that valve would wield their power in the space and say no more, remove all of this junk now. Publishers would cry and whine but they'd have no choice but to comply. Many tried their luck on their own and ended up crawling back with their tails tucked admitting defeat. They have no leverage but to listen.

Last edited:

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
The real dick move of requiring a PSN account is that now there are countries that can buy Helldivers 2 on steam but cannot legally make a PSN account without breaking the TOS. Very cool, Sony.

I'm sure all the gamers in places like Turkey and Baltic countries will be happy about this.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
GET LUNACID
The real dick move of requiring a PSN account is that now there are countries that can buy Helldivers 2 on steam but cannot legally make a PSN account without breaking the TOS. Very cool, Sony.

I'm sure all the gamers in places like Turkey and Baltic countries will be happy about this.
Let ping in...
Forcing PSN requirement means = PlayStation will charge Subscription for online play in future.

This should deserve a bigger backlash.

Last edited:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
PSN is up and running for what 15 years and Sony still only supports just 70 countries. That is 1/3 of the world. And people just keep saying "just pick supported country and make an account". Since when it is more normal to break ToS than ask global corporation to enter 21st century?

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021

LOL. You want people to link accounts and you can't even provide cross-progression.

PSN is up and running for what 15 years and Sony still only supports just 70 countries. That is 1/3 of the world. And people just keep saying "just pick supported country and make an account". Since when it is more normal to break ToS than ask global corporation to enter 21st century?
Break ToS to make account to play Helldivers 2. Get banned for breaking ToS. Player safety achieved.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I got 15 emails from gog that 15 different ips from all over the world (mostly china and russia) have logged into my gog account today.

Thankfully all couldn't pass the 2FA

Safe to say theres been a data breach

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I got 15 emails from gog that 15 different ips from all over the world (mostly china and russia) have logged into my gog account today.

Thankfully all couldn't pass the 2FA

Safe to say theres been a data breach
Got nothing from GOG so maybe is breach from somewhere lese.

• This!
Reactions: LEANIJA